team interview

Philippe FREMY P.FREMY at OBERTHURCS.com
Fri May 17 13:15:05 UTC 2002

> > - For what platforms can you use kdevelop ? With which toolkit ?
>
> I have used it on Linux, Solaris SPARC and SOLARIS X86.
> I have used it with Qt and proprietary toolkits. You can use KDevelop
> to develop with all known toolkits that make sense and are available
> from compiled languages (C,C++,Fortran). Gideon allows you to develop
> in scripting languages Python Perl, Java, you name it.

My questions was more : what templates are available ?

You did not answer that one:
> > - Can you create koffice applications for koffice-head ?
> > - Can we create styles with kdevelop ? like the liquid one or others.

> > - there is a kapptemplate generator in kdesdk, do you use that ?
>
> No, but we should probably.
>
> > Is kdevelop's template generator usable separetely from kdevelop ?
>
> Yes.

So how about merging the two ?

> - Are the Makefile readable ?
>
> Yes, they are generated by automake, but they are ASCII so you can read
> them if you like, they are very hard to understand though.

The questions was to be understood like: does the Makefile.am look good ?
The first version of kdevelop did insert a lot of stuff that was not needed
for the Makefile, making it difficult to work on the Makefile.am without
kdevelop. That made me quit kdevelop because its main interest for me was
that it would take care of the Makefile.

	Philippe