team interview

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 18:35:05 UTC 2002

Hi Phillipe,
> > in scripting languages Python Perl, Java, you name it.
>
> My questions was more : what templates are available ?

Well, fire up KDevelop look at Project -> New, same with gideon I
believe. There are plenty

> You did not answer that one:
> > > - Can you create koffice applications for koffice-head ?
> > > - Can we create styles with kdevelop ? like the liquid one or
> others.

Cause I dont know the answers :-)

> > > - there is a kapptemplate generator in kdesdk, do you use that ?
> >
> > No, but we should probably.
> >
> > > Is kdevelop's template generator usable separetely from kdevelop
> ?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> So how about merging the two ?

Very good idea! Go right ahead :-) aehem...

> The questions was to be understood like: does the Makefile.am look
> good ?

Depends on what you define as looking good, speaking of KDevelop there
are two ways of doing things.

1 Have your project managed by KDevelop, then have it managed by
KDevelop and dont touch the Makefile.am, at least no excessive changes.

2 Manage it yourself, then do whatever your heart desires.
Mixed management doesnt work well in KDevelop, this has changes
dramatically with gideon's much better project manager.

Regards,
Roland