Sourcenav vs. History Part

Victor Röder victor_roeder at gmx.de
Mon May 13 01:35:05 UTC 2002

Hi!

> Well, the file selector doesn't integrate well into the IDE, as you can see
>
> >from the context menu... I don't know if this can be fixed.

My idea was to show the File Selector only if no project is loaded with the
goal that you can easily browse your files and open them singly without
opening the whole project. Some kind of "Quick browse/view mode" ;-). That
becomes even more interesting if Gideon can show UML diagrams :-).
TogetherJ has it, too. So it can't be bad ;-P.

> Hmm, the sidebar widgets overlap the editor/htmlview area, so as long as
> the automake manager is open, you can't browse documentation anyway.
> Or what do you mean?

But the problem otherwise is: You can only have one ZoomFrameWidget raised. If
you open an other one, it "overlaps" the previous. And as mentioned I think
that browsing your code and browsing your docs are two couple of boots (zwei
Paar Stiefel ;-).
And like IDEA there should be the opportunity to *stick* these
ZoomFrameWidgets so that they don't overlap the editor (main window) and they
behave like those TabWidgets in MDI mode.

> I've also noticed that when you have 10 or so sidebar widgets on the left
> side, the main window doesn't fit on a 800x600 monitor anymore ;(

If we space out the ZoomTabWidgets to the borders this won't happen ;-).

Bye,
	Victor