Sourcenav vs. History Part

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Sun May 12 22:21:01 UTC 2002

On Sunday 12 May 2002 19:12, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > We were also thinking about merging the file views into one window with
> > two modes "Directory tree" and "File groups". Opinions on that?
>
> I think we should use two or three toggle buttons arranged like the buttons
> of the Automake manager which switch to the respective file view.
> How about merging the "File Selector", too?

Well, the file selector doesn't integrate well into the IDE, as you can see
from the context menu... I don't know if this can be fixed.

> Further I would suggest to bring the "Documentation"-ZoomFrame-button (in
> SDI mode) to the right side because of the reason that browsing the docs is
> independent from browsing the source code. Example: When you've opened this
> beautiful Automake manager ;-) you are not able to browse your docs.

Hmm, the sidebar widgets overlap the editor/htmlview area, so as long as
the automake manager is open, you can't browse documentation anyway.
Or what do you mean?

> think MHK's TabZoomWidget does "support" the right border so that should be
> no problem.

I've also noticed that when you have 10 or so sidebar widgets on the left
side, the main window doesn't fit on a 800x600 monitor anymore ;(

Bernd.