Sourcenav vs. History Part

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Sun May 12 18:28:05 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 23:02, you wrote:

> It is quite difficult to merge the two parts since both make sense in
> certain situations. I talked with mhk on IRC and we thought about history
> buttons that switch between the last opened files and a history sidebar
> that shows the lines that were recently changed so you can quickly navigate
> to the places you just worked on.

IMHO the number of sidebar windows should only be increased with care,
or at least they should be configurable. For example, for someone like me
who never closes files the "Recent files" sidebar more or less just duplicates
the functionality of a window menu.

We were also thinking about merging the file views into one window with two
modes "Directory tree" and "File groups". Opinions on that?

The navigation buttons are certainly nice though :-)

Bernd.