KDevelop team interview

Per Edin per.programmering at telia.com
Sat May 4 18:59:02 UTC 2002

On Thursday 02 May 2002 16.26, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As announced, I will begin the interview. I'll submit the questions by
> bunch instead of all at once, to have more of the interactive feeling.
> Please answer on the mailing list. Do not hesitate to make lengthy answer
> with lot of details or unrelated info; do not hesitate to start off a
> discussion. This is what makes an interview more intersting to read.
>
> So, here is the first list of questions:
>
> 1. The project
> - How was the project started ? When, by whom, ...
Read F at lks response.

> 2. The team
> - Who is working on kdevelop ?
Those F at lk mentioned and me, but I am not yet a core-develop.

> - How did you get started ?
I started to use KDevelop at version 1.4 and then I was very new to Linux GUI
programming. And as F at lk I recognized it alot from MSVC. I just started to
help the development of it by trying to implement multiply projects and
workspace support in KDevelop, which is going smoothly.

> - How long ago ?
At about may 2000.

> -> everybody please present himself
My name is Per Edin and I live in the little city Norrköping in Sweden.
I have been a Windows programmer (C++) since late 98 and a Linux programmer
(C++) since about the same time.