kdevelop + kde3 (suse8) - bug ?

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Fri May 3 23:57:05 UTC 2002

August Hörandl wrote:

>On Friday 03 May 2002 22:16, falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:
>
>Hi Falk,
>
>>August Hörandl wrote:
>>
>>>questions:
>>>- is the "ASCII file" question new ?
>>>
>>No. But this feature was added in KDevelop-2.0 for all files which
>>couldn't be loaded as ASCII file in KDevelop. Try to manually edit a
>>.po file with KDevelop 1.4, you can't. It was very bad.
>>

>but the dialog isn't any better - the user wants to create a
>dialog and is asked strange things - see
>http://www.joelonsoftware.com/uibook/chapters/fog0000000059.html

Hmm...you want to open a file and it asks you if you want it to be
treated as text file. Actually, nothing unusual.

>>>- what should be done that the designer knows the right filename
>>> right away ? is this a designer bug ?
>>>
>>No idea.
>>

>kdevelop is getting very confusing for beginners ;-)
>
>my students got very "confused" by this things - ok, we could
>solve it and i was able to explain what going on, but there
>will be a lot of confused and unsatisfied users

You are right. It was just a *fast* solution, 2 or 3 code lines added in
class CKDevelop, just to solve the problem.
Since KDE_2_2_BRANCH has been locked the better implementation should be
programmed in one of the next KDevelop versions. :-)

Ciao
F at lk