kdevelop + kde3 (suse8) - bug ?

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Fri May 3 23:45:06 UTC 2002

On Friday 03 May 2002 22:16, falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:

Hi Falk,

> August Hörandl wrote:
> >questions:
> >- is the "ASCII file" question new ?
>
> No. But this feature was added in KDevelop-2.0 for all files which
> couldn't be loaded as ASCII file in KDevelop. Try to manually edit a
> .po file with KDevelop 1.4, you can't. It was very bad.

but the dialog isn't any better - the user wants to create a
dialog and is asked strange things - see
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/uibook/chapters/fog0000000059.html

> >- what should be done that the designer knows the right filename
> >  right away ? is this a designer bug ?
>
> No idea.

kdevelop is getting very confusing for beginners ;-)

my students got very "confused" by this things - ok, we could
solve it and i was able to explain what going on, but there
will be a lot of confused and unsatisfied users

Gustl

August Hörandl                         august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Linux -- no more forced obsolescence!