gideon mdi question

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Tue Jun 25 07:04:02 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am currently trying to change the behaviour of gideon with respect to edit
view switching in MDI mode. I am trying to implement something like in MSVC
where the files/views are sorted by the time they were last displayed. This
allows switching very fast between the last two or three used files.
Unfortunately what worked once for KDevelop 2.0 does not work for gideon
any more.

The question: Which part/function handles the switching between edit views?
It is not QextMdiMainFrm::activateNextWin() as I expected. I have the
impression that all the switching is delegated to the Kate part because
none of the qextmdi initialization routines settingn up key accelerators is
called from gideon.

Thanks for any hints,
Jens