gideon mdi question

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Wed Jun 26 11:41:02 UTC 2002

Jens Zurheide wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am currently trying to change the behaviour of gideon with respect to edit
>view switching in MDI mode. I am trying to implement something like in MSVC
>where the files/views are sorted by the time they were last displayed. This
>allows switching very fast between the last two or three used files.
>Unfortunately what worked once for KDevelop 2.0 does not work for gideon
>any more.
>
>The question: Which part/function handles the switching between edit views?
>It is not QextMdiMainFrm::activateNextWin() as I expected. I have the
>impression that all the switching is delegated to the Kate part because
>none of the qextmdi initialization routines settingn up key accelerators is
>called from gideon.
>
>Thanks for any hints,
>Jens

That MDI integration was just the first step, looking at the details you
quickly see it's quite unfinished in many issues (accels, Window menu,
toplevel mode, tool-views, restoring the docking session, on/off
checkboxes for views in the View menu, etc.).
Don't hesitate to continue the work, noone seriously works on it.
Although it's a key component.
Ciao
F at lk