Separate package entry for gideon in BTS

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Wed Jun 12 22:27:03 UTC 2002

Hi Philippe,

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 10:53, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> If this is alpha, people will wonder why
> KDEvelop was so stable and why Gideon is not. This must be explained in the
> press release. If nobody does it, I am ready to [try to] write the press
> release for Gideon.

Sorry but that's what alpha means! It means it's targeted for developers
rather than users and it's almost guaranteed to crash. :)

> Another suggestions: if you have too many known bugs, it is not worth a
> release. People will just report the bug you already know. You must clean
> things to have a positive release effect.

Well that's what an alpha release is for.

There is something that must be done.

We should clean up the bug database and open a separate package entry for
kdevelop 3.0 in the BTS  (opinions?) That place is now full of 2.1 bugs, not
3.0 bugs :))))

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>