Team interview (also a Gideon TODO)

Philippe FREMY P.FREMY at OBERTHURCS.com
Wed Jun 12 10:14:03 UTC 2002

> Hmm... Probably, releasing Gideon bundled to a official KDE release
> would confuse the end users. So now I take back my suggestion to release
> Gideon-0.2 bundled to KDE-3.1. Now I vote for a separate release.

I fully agree with this. KDE is so big now that releasing KDevelop (or
gideon) along with KDE hides it completely. So make it a separate release,
like KOffice.

And if you release gideon or kdevelop, make it very clear what it is and
what its future is. People are still very confused about which is the stable
branch and which is not. I hope my interview will clear things up a bit but
that won't be enough. If this is alpha, people will wonder why KDEvelop was
so stable and why Gideon is not. This must be explained in the press
release. If nobody does it, I am ready to [try to] write the press release
for Gideon.

Another suggestions: if you have too many known bugs, it is not worth a
release. People will just report the bug you already know. You must clean
things to have a positive release effect.

	regards,

	Philippe