TODO List KDevelop 2.1.2 (PATCHES attached, please comment)

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Tue Jun 4 18:07:03 UTC 2002

Kuba Ober wrote:

>>I simply used the actual cvs KDE_2_2_BRANCH...
>>
>>There is a call added by HaraldF, which causes this trouble (I don't
>>know if it is part of your patch or if it is result of correcting
>>corrections ;-))
>>
>>coutputwidget.cpp / line 117 :
>>line = QStyleSheet::convertFromPlainText( line );
>>
>>If this will be a comment... on KDE 2 the output seems to be ok...
>>

>1. The output looks fine on KDE 2 because KDE 2 uses Qt2, and it invokes a
>different code for make/output widget coloring.
>
>2. The call was added by HaraldF, and yes, it's not compatible with my output
>patch. Use either one, but not both at the same time.
>
>3. The reason for all the tags being visible is that after applying both my &
>harald's patches:
>- the TextEdit widget has PlainText format (my patch)
>- convertFromPlainText puts tags into the line (Harald's patch)
>- so the tags are displayed as-is instead of being interpreted
>
>Did this mess go into CVS? I hoped that Harald will put his outputwidget patch
>only, not both, or did somebody else commit mine patches first, and then
>Harald committed on top of it?
>
>Cheers, Kuba

Sorry about this, your kdevelop-output.patch didn't apply into cvs, so
this wasn't the problem... sth. I misunderstand, there were some other
trials as far as the log entries for coutputwidget.cpp show.

As far as I can see your patch for the output is kinda outdated for
KDE_2_2_BRANCH and cannot be applied correctly (only one hunk succeeded
the rest is rejected).

Ciao

Walter

PS 2 HaraldF: I will turn to comment the one line to have at least a
proper output under KDE 2, please have a look if this is correct.

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)