TODO List KDevelop 2.1.2 (PATCHES attached, please comment)

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Tue Jun 4 15:58:05 UTC 2002

> >>Please do it with a define...
> >>
> >>only for KDE 3.x ...
> >>I've found now the time to test it with KDE 2 and the output looks like:

> >> for -p flag to install...

> >>on KDE 2...
> >
> >Which patches did you apply to break this under KDE 2?
>
> I simply used the actual cvs KDE_2_2_BRANCH...
>
> There is a call added by HaraldF, which causes this trouble (I don't
> know if it is part of your patch or if it is result of correcting
> corrections ;-))
>
> coutputwidget.cpp / line 117 :
> line = QStyleSheet::convertFromPlainText( line );
>
> If this will be a comment... on KDE 2 the output seems to be ok...

1. The output looks fine on KDE 2 because KDE 2 uses Qt2, and it invokes a
different code for make/output widget coloring.

2. The call was added by HaraldF, and yes, it's not compatible with my output
patch. Use either one, but not both at the same time.

3. The reason for all the tags being visible is that after applying both my &
harald's patches:
- the TextEdit widget has PlainText format (my patch)
- convertFromPlainText puts tags into the line (Harald's patch)
- so the tags are displayed as-is instead of being interpreted

Did this mess go into CVS? I hoped that Harald will put his outputwidget patch
only, not both, or did somebody else commit mine patches first, and then
Harald committed on top of it?

Cheers, Kuba