Please help fixing #37097

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Sun Jan 20 13:48:05 UTC 2002

I once changed the function that switches to the next window. Instead of
switching to the next window (in the window list) it was possible to switch
to the previously opened (more precisely: activated) displayed window. For
this it was necessary to have a timestamp for each display that noted the
time of the last activation. This required some nasty hacks because then
you must be able to track the release of the modifier key like Ctrl to
allow "jumping over" windows displaying them but not activating.
Unfortunately this modifier key is user-definable like Alt+PgUp/Alt+PgDown
or Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+ShiftTab and I stopped there. Accessing the files using
Alt+1..9 wouldn't require tracking the modifier key.

Regards,
Jens

PS: How is the modifier key called correctly?

Sunday 20 January 2002 05:52 Jörg Rüppel