c++ code completion status report

Victor Röder Victor_Roeder at gmx.de
Fri Jan 4 12:11:02 UTC 2002

Hi!

> > I heart on an oter list that gcc 3.x.x support a XML output of the class
> > member like the database of VC++ when it compile some source. Maybe
> > that's is also a way to go?
> no it is not, because it knows nothing of signals and slots
>
> ideally the ONLY parser that is aware of this and has XML output is
> doxygen.
> I was able to write  a "object" viewer of my code using Doxygen and QDOM
> in
> about 150 lines and it was reasonably fast ( 15 classes each with 5-6
> functions) in about 4 seconds on a Athlon 800.  The time seemed split
> between
> the parseing and the XML rendering.  I left it at that but ideally if you
> talke VERY nicely to the Doxygen  guy you may be able to use his parser
> and
> then just create a QDOM object, then use that accordingly
>
> DOMS are expensive to create from what i have found but once you have one
> they are very fast. Basicly they are dictonary data structures.  If you
> could
> use doxygen's parser to create a DOM you are about 90% of the way there.
> The
> other 10% ( the UI ) i have no clue about, since all i wanted was a robust
>
> class veiw and I stopped there.

This is a nice idea. Does the doxygen parser parse also the implementation
stuff or only *toplevel*?
Our idea was that we could call *our* parser in a flexible way so that only
those statements are examined which are from interest. Maybe this advantage
of an own parser get's lost when we use doxygen - but I think I will have look
at it when "I'm back and ready to go".
Btw.: The class store is persistant but I have found some - hmmm -
mysterious behave(?).
I will have a look, too. And we also think that the class store has to
become a *real* database one day.

Bye,
Victor

http://www.gmx.net