Which version of kdevelop should I work with ?

Nir M nir_m_ at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 12:17:05 UTC 2002

I'm new to kdevelop and I'd like to contribute.

I understand that there are two possibilities of
helping with kdevelop - kdev 2.x and kdev 3 (which is
a complete rewrite) and I am not sure which one I
should use...
if kdev 3 is a complete rewrite then work someone does
on kdev 2 will be tossed in a while, I guess (when
will kdev 3 replace kdev 2?).

Secondly, how does one send patches in ? Is it a
bundle of all the source files you changed or is there
some way to send the changes to the sources themselves
?

I'm sorry if I ask some stupid question - I am new to
GNU development.

Thanks,
  Nir Mardiks
  Israel.