Using other libraries

Pep Serrano pep at serrano.net
Thu Feb 21 23:43:02 UTC 2002

Hello

I'm an absolute beginner to KDevelop and I am wondering which way I can
migrate my developments to KDevelop.

I need to use some proprietary libraries - yes it exists yet :-(. So must
include some header files and static libraries that are provided already
compiled.
So far, I tried to configure in "project options" the "compiler options" (-I
flag) to include the directories containing these header files, and "linker
options" to link with the static libraries (-l flag). However there is a
large list of files to include, form several different directories, and
several different libraries. This way, I get a very large configuration
line...

a) Is there any way to put this in an external config file?
b) Is it possible to include recursively everything under a directory? A
mean... ../include/a/.. ../include/b/.. and so on.
c) For the link I have to define a path to the libraries (-L
/home/pep/projects/pvss/lib.linux) and then mention each library (-lComDrv
-lV24 -lManagerV212_83 ...) Is there a simple way to link all libraries
inside a directory?
d) These libs come from a product that may be installed in different paths
for different hosts... Makefile must be changed in every host? Can I use some
sort of environment variable $MY_SOFT to point the installation directory of
my software and then use this variable in KDevelop configuration to compose
the full path to my headers and libraries?

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Pep Serrano.