codecompletion for kdevelop 2.1 starts to work!!!

Thomas Schilling snuffeler at gmx.net
Thu Feb 14 16:45:07 UTC 2002

> Hi,
>
> I'm very interested in the code-completion features, but unfortunately
> can't try them out at the moment (no root access on my work linux box,
> and a recently dead laptop at home) so apologies if my suggestion is
> already implemented!
>
> I think it'd good to have a "right-click" facility to code completion.
> Pressing ctrl-J and ctrl-T is obviously best for experts, but for
> beginners it'd be nice to be able to highlight a word, right click, and
> get a code-completion menu, or something showing type etc.

Wouldn't it be nicer to let CC occur automatically after u inserted
-> or . or :: ?

Type information may appear on keystroke, mouse resting, or
right click. The User Interface is currently Roberto's resort (it seems).

> Ed
>
> Thomas Schilling wrote:
>
> >>this two screenshots show the last status of codecompletion
> >>http://klint.sourceforge.net/kdevelop/gideon_cc1.png
> >>

> > the list layout looks good , maybe we could even (later) add some
> > icons two imply the type and possible reduce the line height.
correction: two -> to,  possible -> possibly (can't control my fingers ...
:)

> >>http://klint.sourceforge.net/kdevelop/gideon_cc2.png
> >>the second show a new feature that i've added today.. if you press
CTRL+T