codecompletion for kdevelop 2.1 starts to work!!!

Edward Moyse e.moyse at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 13:47:05 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm very interested in the code-completion features, but unfortunately
can't try them out at the moment (no root access on my work linux box,
and a recently dead laptop at home) so apologies if my suggestion is
already implemented!

I think it'd good to have a "right-click" facility to code completion.
Pressing ctrl-J and ctrl-T is obviously best for experts, but for
beginners it'd be nice to be able to highlight a word, right click, and
get a code-completion menu, or something showing type etc.

Ed

Thomas Schilling wrote:

>>this two screenshots show the last status of codecompletion
>>http://klint.sourceforge.net/kdevelop/gideon_cc1.png
>>

> the list layout looks good , maybe we could even (later) add some
> icons two imply the type and possible reduce the line height.
>

>>http://klint.sourceforge.net/kdevelop/gideon_cc2.png
>>the second show a new feature that i've added today.. if you press CTRL+T
>>
> at
>
>>the end of an expression you see a tooltip with type of the expression
>>

> maybe better make it appear like this:
>  type: SubprojectItem
>  declararion: ksubprojekt.h line 234

|  Edward Moyse                                                        |
|  Dept. of Physics,            web    hepwww.ph.qmul.ac.uk/~moyse     |
|  QMUL                         mobile  +44 (0) 7967 594 657 	       |
|  Mile End Road, E1 4NS        office  +44 (0) 20 7882 3767           |