creating qmake projects with appwizard

Serge Lussier serge.lussier at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 26 02:07:05 UTC 2002

hi Harry,

On Sunday 25 August 2002 05:56 pm, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are you talking about KDevelop 2.x or Gideon? Gideon has a nice KDE
> Standard app without doc/view.

I admit that I am talking about KDevelop 2.x... I know this version is
to be abandoned from KDE 3.1. I tried once Gideon a month ago without
finding it usable like Kdevelop 2.x was. Maybe theese days Gideon is more
complete than my last try...

I am sure I am like lots of other KDevelop users who doesn't know how to build
Menus/Toolbars/Actions/Accel etc.. without KDevelop. I tried few times
to provide menus-toolbar-actions by myself without success because I was
maybe too lazy to dig in KDE docs to learn about KActions and I think XML
files are needed too (recall the call to "createGui(...)" in main.cpp)
-- LOTS of stuff to learn isn't it ??
So that is why KDevelop (dunno about Gideon) should have better support
for building custom menu/actions  ...

> I don't know what the problem with KActions is, you have a lot of
> advantages (You get a toolbar-editor and customizable KeyBinding Dialog for
> free). And it is a lot easier to maintain than creating actions by hand.
-- Of course! I agree with what your saying

> Best regards,
> Harry

Best regards ..again,
Bretzel