Newbie: would like to help...

Jakob Simon-Gaarde jsgaarde at tdcspace.dk
Thu Aug 22 21:30:07 UTC 2002

On Thursday 22 August 2002 20:51, Clynt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having hung around for a little while, checked out the sources, and
> generally had a look round, I'd like to help. However, im a bit of a newbie
> at this whole business (by that I mean actually *contributing* to any sort
> of open-source development) and have issues/questions/problems;
>
> 1) help where help is needed: i'd initially like to begin by bugfixing. I
> have checked out sources from the KDE_2_2_BRANCH,  is this the right thing
> to be bugfixing on? Is my help better spent elsewhere? I am running KDE
> 2.2.2 on Mandrake 8.2
>
> 2) Am I welcome to help? Or would you rather I cut my patching-teeth
> somewhere else? Anyone willing to give me an introductory tutorial or point
> me toward one on the web so that I dont screw up?
>
> Anyhow, thanks for anyones time, and I expect i'll need help on generating
> patches before long... :)

I guess there is always need for a helping hand. To contribute any code
changes at all you should start by getting access for commiting changes. To
do this contact Stephan Kulow <coolo(at)kde.org> and tell him you need this.
He will then grant you access and provide you with the proper information for
setting up cvs on your system. You will also need:

* Qt version 3.0.5
* kdelibs version 3.0.x

Good luck.

--