Compile error with QT 3.0.5

Jakob Simon-Gaarde jsgaarde at tdcspace.dk
Mon Aug 12 21:56:03 UTC 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 19:40, Jakob Simon-Gaarde wrote:
> I am trying to compile Gideon with QT 3.0.5 but I seem to have trouble with
> the doctreeview part.
>
> librarydocdlgbase.h:17: forward declaration of `class KLineEdit'
> librarydocdlgbase.cpp:51: no matching function for call to
> `QHBoxLayout::addWidget (KLineEdit *&)'
> /usr/local/qt-3.0.5/include/qlayout.h:378: candidates are: void
> QBoxLayout::addWidget (QWidget *, int =
> 0, int = 0)
>
> Seems like KLineEdit* can't be casted to QWidget*
>
> Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Well I'm just going to answer my self with what I have done to compile the
part. The uic generated files librarydocdlgbase.h and librarydocdlgbase.cpp
are not supplied with sufficient include preprocessors. librarydocdlgbase.ui
from which they are genereted uses kde widgets, and somehow uic doesn't
include the headerfiles needed to compile the source (klineedit.h and
kurlrequester.h).

Am I the only one experiencing this???
I am mystified....

--