gideon release, first steps

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel Matthias at Hoelzer-Kluepfel.de
Sun Aug 4 21:02:02 UTC 2002

On Saturday 03 August 2002 11:53, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> About the part list:
>
> Sourcenav:
>
> I planned to remove sourcenav, since we have something similar in the
> history part. I thought sourcenav was a great idea to navigate
> forwards/backwards between changes, but now I've seen the history of
> eclipse 2.0 and I think this is the way to do it.
> I'd vote for removing sourcenav and make the history part as good as
> eclipse's.

Done.

> Perforce:
>
> It has the same features as CVS, so if we put in CVS we can as well put in
> perforce to show that it is no problem to have multiple VCSs installed.

Yes, it is in the "probably" list ;)
The reason is, if we find a serious problem that we can't fix in time,
removing is an option. But I also think we should get it ready.

> Grepview:
>
> Without it an essential part of the IDE is missing... Why is it in the
> "maybe later" list?

Ok, moved it up ;-)

> Diff:
>
> Without Diff we'll get crashes all over the place, because a Diff part is
> required now for CVS and Perforce (diffFrontend()) just as the outputviews
> and other stuff. If we really don't want to include it, please tell me so I
> have to include extra checks everywhere. I'd vote for "release it".

No, I just didn't know about this dependency. I'll move it.

Bye,
Matthias.