Objective-C support in KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 5 02:43:04 UTC 2002

On Thursday 04 April 2002 8:50 pm, Roland Krause wrote:
> Richard,
> I hope to be able to sort this out tonight, I've had a problem that
> KDevelop simply crashed on opening the first file but that's sorted out
> now.
>
> Your problem looks like a binary incompatible change between a library
> that was installed for gideon. We really need to make sure that we use
> common parts and libraries but distinguish the ones that are not common
> cleanly.
OK - I wasn't quite sure what stage the development was at, so it didn't seem
worth spending too much time on it. I was going to add java support and port
the gideon java class parser, but that wouldn't be needed if it could run the
gideon part 'as is'.

I think I'll use the KDE_2_2_BRANCH KDevelop patched for Objective-C for daily
work. I might do a java patch for that in the 'KDevelop 1.x/2.x' style of
doing things.

-- Richard