Gideon/KDE3

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Wed Nov 28 13:48:04 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, 28. November 2001 10:11, you wrote:
> > ---
> >  KTrader::OfferList offers =
> > KTrader::self()->query(QString::fromLatin1("KDevelop/Editor"),
> > "KWriteEditorPart");
>
> The second argument looks wrong, it's no constraint expression. Does
> simply removing it help?
Yes, my fault. Thanks for the hint.

>If I remeber correctly the gideon internal kwrite part doesn't compile with
>KDE or at least isn't installed because of two different KTextEditor
>Interfaces (gideon, kdelibs).
Yes, that is the reason. If you don't have a config file KDevelop search only
for the gideon-kwrite part. (default)

QString editor = config->readEntry("EmbeddedEditor", "KWriteEditorPart");

As it isn't installed anymore,it crashes if you want to open a file. I have
changed that in the CVS. "Simple editor" is now default, but I think this
isn't a good solution for the future.:-)
Thanks!

Ciao!
Sandy