Gideon/KDE3

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Wed Nov 28 10:12:03 UTC 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 01:32:22AM +0100, Sandy Meier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I start the KDE3 version, I get following error from the Trader:
>
> kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( KDevelop/Editor, )
> kio (KTrader): No profile, using KServiceType::offers, result: 2 offers
>
> and the sourcecode:
> ---
>  KTrader::OfferList offers =
> KTrader::self()->query(QString::fromLatin1("KDevelop/Editor"),
> "KWriteEditorPart");

The second argument looks wrong, it's no constraint expression. Does
simply removing it help?

I guess the original intention was to let it be something along the
lines of "Name == 'KWriteEditorPart'", but that's not going to work
for real because Name is strictly speaking a translatable entry, so
it just breaks as soon as LANG != C .

Simon