classviewerwas Re: AutoComplete

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Sun Nov 25 21:44:28 UTC 2001

Thomas Schilling wrote:

> > it is a "new" classview  - but only just a hack, there is a lot
> > of work todo - not for primetime (or cvs) now
> >
> > done: it adds all qt + kde classes to the classview
>
> You modified the class view? Hm, just a hack?
>
> We're working on a new approach for code completion. This

thats the feature i am missing

> will probably need an improvement of the class parser and
> since we need C++ expression evaluating it wouldn't be much
> more work to also update the class parser ;-)
> I'm currently analyzing the gcc c++ parser but am also
> thinking about own techniques.

i just added some lines
 - call the parser for all files in given directories
 - create some folders in the classview and distribute the
   parsed info into it
 - its done "live" - about 10 secs for all qt files, another
   20 secs for kde ... -- so if your improvement speeds up
   the parser everybody would be happy ;-)

Gustl

--
                       ,,,