RFC: classviewerwas Re: AutoComplete

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 00:26:08 UTC 2001

Hi August,

August Hörandl wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> "F at lk Brettschneider" wrote:
> >
> > > 1) how to get a list of all classes in the library (qt and
> > >  kde)
> > Sending the classparser to their directories?
> > We're looking forward to your cool patches. :)
>
> ok - you have asked for it ;-)
>
> it is a "new" classview  - but only just a hack, there is a lot
> of work todo - not for primetime (or cvs) now
>
> done: it adds all qt + kde classes to the classview
>
>  changed:
>   - everthing is sorted now
>   - two top folders: Project, Libaries
>   - ui files: corresponding .h file is included (config via bool flag)
>
>  TODO:
>   - the whole stuff should be moved to a better place
>   - config options should be used
>     - config dialog (which libs ...)
>     - context menu entries
>   - its a big mess
>   - its to slow
>   - fix copyright
>
> if have uploaded it to my homepage:
> http://elina.htlw16.ac.at/~hoerandl/classview.diff.gz
>
> any comments are welcome - if anybody likes it, i will do the some of
> the
> things on the todo list ;-)
>
> Gustl
>
> ps: the classparser seems to have little problems with some files, there
> are is a lot of output during parse
Since actually any further work for new features for version 2.0.x has
been stopped, it's not a good idea to make such a _big_ change on
KDE_2_2_BRANCH. Just bugfixes should go in.
Could you make your patch against KDevelop-3.0? Shouldn't be that hard,
AFAIK the versions haven't big differences from each other.

Cheers,F at lk