kdevelop-3.0 doesn't build

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat May 12 09:07:28 UTC 2001

Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> G'day,
>
> for the past few days gideon nolonger builds as it breaks with the
> following error message:
>
> c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/usr/X11R6/qt2/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I../../lib/util -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -O2 -frtti
> -DNO_NEW_CODE -Wp,-MD,.deps/editorpart.pp -c editorpart.cpp  -fPIC
> -DPIC -o .libs/editorpart.o
> editorpart.cpp:22: kprinter.h: No such file or directory
> gmake[3]: *** [editorpart.lo] Error 1
>
> kprinter.h doesn't seem to get installed with the standard KDE-2.1
> package and I suspect that a newer version ov KDE2 is needed and
> hence my question: What are the current requirements for building
> gideon?

Hi Berndt,

well, using gideon you should stick with the bleeding edge :-) The final
is scheduled to be ready with KDE 3 which will require Qt 3, hence there
will be some porting ahead due to sourcecode incompatibility anyway.
We're making use of the newest CVS interfaces so we get out of design
errors that will become obsolete with KDE 3 anyway, hence save some time
there. We developers tend to have a co of kdelibs on our HDD anyway :-))

Regards,

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org