A new IDE for a new milleneum :-)

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 19:59:27 UTC 2001

Richard Dale wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> > Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Hope you like it,
> > > Bernd.
> > No I do not like it if one is not able to work in a team and if one is
> > not able to merge with the work others have done during hours of their
> > spare time. _AGAIN_ you drop all my work and ideas for the HEAD branch
> > without trying a bloody second to understand or integrate the MDI code.
> >
> > Why is it not possible that you work _together_ with other programmers
> > and merge your stuff instead of overwriting again and again???
> That sounds a bit harsh to me - if you prefer the old KDevelop 3.0, and think
> you can do at least as good a job as Bernd, then go ahead and carry on working
> on it.
>
> Bernd has given us a new option to make KDevelop 3.0 happen quicker, but we will
> only adopt it if we think it is better than the current plan. So he has taken a
> risk (what if we were to turn him down?), and should be admired in my opinion.
> If this was a closed source project with 'managers' (remember them), we wouldn't
> have the option to pull off this sort of stunt at all.
>
> I've only just recently checked in a lot of stuff to KDevelop 3.0, which I will
> have to redo. I will have to do extra work too now, but if the end result
> justifies it, then I'm still happy.
I suppose it's the first time for you when Bernd messed up your whole
work. For me it was the _fourth_ time since 1999, and now I'm really
sick of it all. I do not work for hours to let it be removed by a person
who doesn't give a damn about the others. Either he will replace his GUI
with the one of the current CVS HEAD (which is based on QextMDI) or you
can count me out for KDevelop-3.0.

> -- Richard
F at lk