A new IDE for a new milleneum :-)

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 03:21:27 UTC 2001

Nice, really nice.

I am compiling gideon right now but I have a few questions. Since you
have done all this work by yourself so far, I would like to know:

How do you see the development of the gideon project in the future? Do
you want contributions from other people and then you would be the
person to decide what goes in and what not? Similar to what's going on
right now or a bit more "directed"?

What do you think about MDI? The approach you have taken may make sense
for konqueror, but at >20 open files it is easy to be rendered useless.
Do you have any objections if the MDI stuff could be ported over?

How about projects that are not and will not be Makefile.am based? Can
these be supported, how about managing these projects?

Do you have any ideas concerning stuff of the current development
branches (2 and 3) that should/could easily be ported to gideon?

What I really like is the scripting stuff, if parts of kwrite
functionality could be made available through python scripting that
would be quite awesome.

Thanks for the great work, this is really nice.

Roland
PS: How long will you have until you graduate :-)

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and