nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 21:50:24 UTC 2001

Falk,
that was what I had in mind.
Replacing the edit_widget will be a larger project, but I think it
should be done sooner than later.

For a few days now I am plagued with an idea to make something like a
generic class for files that are part of a project.

We could use a generic file class to store information what files are
in the project in memory instead of the project file. Also, we could
actually store a lot more information for each file, cvs stuff, editor
buffers, compile options, target and source for make dependendies and
so on.

To get us started I propose to the following... Use the existing
TMakefile, TFile classes for a basis

class TProjectFile {
public:
    TProjectFile() {}
    vitual ~TProjectFile() {}

    QString get_name() const;
    void set_name(const QString& _name);

    // and  so on
protected:
    QDir m_location;
    QFile m_file;
    QString m_name;
private:
};

then derive from that:

/** a Makefile that belongs to the project */
class TMakeFile {
};

/** a C++ source file that belongs to the project */
class TCppSrcFile {
};
/** as C++ header file that belongs to the project */
class TCppHdrFile {
};

and so on and on.
I think this is an important step before multiple projects.

What does everybody think?

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and