nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 14:23:52 UTC 2001

Hi Roland,

Roland Krause wrote:

> Falk,
> there is a fairly nasty bug in the current kdevelop-1.4cvs. Although I
> am able to track it down fairly well, I dont really know what the fix
> would be.
>
> Since this looks very much like work in progress I leave it to you.
Yes

> Actually I believe CKDevelop::edit_widget never gets assigned a value
> at all. Also the value is never checked before the pointer is
> dereferenced.
Earlier it was always initialized in CKDevelop::initView() and assigned
in switchToFile().

> Since this is a serious showstopper in using the current cvs maybe you
> have some time to fix it,
The last 2 days, I made three 1.0.0 final releases in our company, so I
didn't have time at all, but this weekend is coding time again. :-)

 or let me know what to do and I will send a
> patch.
The whole stuff will change completely, so it's unnecessary that you fix
a thing. The edit_widget will be replaced by something like
currentView() or so..

If you got crashes in the kwrite part, then I would be happy about
bugfixes. :-)

Until later,
F at lk