starting to feature MDI

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Tue Mar 6 02:45:02 UTC 2001

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:39, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please, update the KDEVELOP_1_4 branch.
> Testwise, these subdirs are dynamic libraries now:
> - dbg  -->   libkdevelopdbg.so.2.0
> - print -->  libkdevelopprint.so.2.0
> - kwrite --> libkdevelopkwrite.so.2.0
> - qextmdi -->libkdevelopqextmdi.so.2.0
> (2.0 because we'll get KDevelop-2.0)
> The binary size has already decreased for about 3 Megabytes.

Hmmm yes, but both kwrite and qextmdi will always be loaded so what have we
really gained given that print and dbg are smallish. Also is that with or
without debug.

> MDI is initally built in but is just committed to give you a chance to
> contribute the development (as we dealed with JBB and Ralf). Take a look
> at class DocViewMan, the central point for managing multiple documents
> that can have multiple views.
> CKDevelop::initView() and CKDevelop::switchToFile has initially changed,
> but is very unfinished, of course.
>
> I rebuild the kdevelop.kdevprj by the .kdevprj-file generator from
> KDevelop-1.4. (Works beaut BTW :-)

Arrrgh - no - You were supposed to add qextmdi to the _existing_ kdevprj file.

This has made the project file a custom file and it can not now recreated the
makefiles, so adding new files etc has to be done by hand. Also why did you
create the libkdevelop* names? This again means that the makefiles cannot be
regenerated.

It'll be good to fix this up so that we can use kdevelop to generate the
makefiles.

One other thing, why have you used libkdevelopqextmdi rather than an
installed libqextmdi, if it exists? I don't know _how_ that would be done
btw, Just asking...

Anyway - Good job :-)

jbb

-