KDevelop Roadmap 2001

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Mar 4 18:04:45 UTC 2001

Sandy Meier wrote:
> Bernd unsubscribed from both mailinglists some weeks ago. I don't know why.
> :-(
This is really sad. I will contact him in case he quits completely. This
is also bad because of the machines we got from Lineo were meant for
KDevelop development so we will have to see what we are going to do
about that in case we have developers needing a machine desperately.

> Personaly, I don't have much time for the KDevelop project anymore. :-( There
> are some reasons for it:
> I am sorry, but I think after 2-3 years it's time to reduce the time I will
> spent on this project. KDevelop is really successful, much more that we ever
> have dreamed some years ago. It was really a nice time.
Yes, I've spent a really good time with you as well. From the beginning
I liked the good atmosphere and how we worked together. We had some
really hard times and some of a lot of fun to work together although
time only gave us the opportunity to meet just once last year at
LinuxTag in Stuttgart.

Personally, I wish you all the best for your future and that your plans
and dreams may come true. I'm proud to got to know you as you started
the project in 98 and that you made it so far.

> Since I was one of the project founder, I was long time (until KDevelop1.3 I
> think :-)) the "official maintainer". I want to quite this job now official.
> I don't know wether someone else want to take this "job" or maybe we don't
> need it anymore? (something like the KDE project)

I think John and I as the oldest members could do the job if nobody
objects. We have our Roadmap for this year and we'll get this managed I
think, second is that as far as PR stuff goes I'm doing that anyway over
this year on shows so it's more or less just officially stating who to
turn to I guess.

> If it is ok, I will continue to help with the domain registration, email and
> homepage hosting/maintaining, answering emails.
That would be nice if you would be doing that as time allows. It's that
organizational work that needs to be done as well and would be glad if
you could continue with that as long as possible.

Thanks again for the time we spent together. We'll bring KDevelop
further along, promised. And one day we'll get 3.0 finished as well,
together with more languages than C++ :-)

Cheers to Sandy!

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org