KDevelop Roadmap 2001

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Sun Mar 4 16:41:02 UTC 2001

Hi!

> Generally, I see the project in a good state, although it is very sad
> that the original starters like the Stephans and Sandy have so litte
> time as well as Bernd and Walter are a bit silent :) (hint: time to
> speak up, guys :) let us at least know what's going on with you :-)
Bernd unsubscribed from both mailinglists some weeks ago. I don't know why.
:-(

Personaly, I don't have much time for the KDevelop project anymore. :-( There
are some reasons for it:
1) since some months I'm working for a company (20hours per week) to get some
money.
2) I study at university since 5 1/2 years and I wanted to finish it
somewhere along the way.
3) There are some new projects outside the Linux community I wanted to
contribute. (animal rights movement)

I am sorry, but I think after 2-3 years it's time to reduce the time I will
spent on this project. KDevelop is really successful, much more that we ever
have dreamed some years ago. It was really a nice time.

Since I was one of the project founder, I was long time (until KDevelop1.3 I
think :-)) the "official maintainer". I want to quite this job now official.
I don't know wether someone else want to take this "job" or maybe we don't
need it anymore? (something like the KDE project)

If it is ok, I will continue to help with the domain registration, email and
homepage hosting/maintaining, answering emails.
Thanks!

Ciao!
Sandy

--
The question is not, can they reason? nor,can they talk?
but, can they suffer? (Jeremy Bentham)

-