KDevelop Roadmap 2001

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Thu Mar 1 10:04:49 UTC 2001

Hi all,

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Ok, finally some info that is for yourself about what is planned
> generally this year for myself.
> My exam period will be finished on March 30th, after that I will attend
> the shows in Europe and especially Germany as last year for promotion
> tour. I hope to meet the one or the other so we can have a coffee and a
> good talk like last year with Bernd, Sandy, Walter and the others. This
> won't leave much time during the summer for coding but I hope to get the
> docs up to the current state of the art although I doubt it will be
> consistent for long to keep up with the KDE and Qt changes and
> possibilities; at least I want the manual to be precise and correct
> *and* translated into other languages by the KDE translators.
>
> My exam period will start again in July/August after the summer semester
> and I have set myself a limit to work on KDevelop for that time until
> October to get my main exams done and hopefully pass, so only the one or
> the other show will be ok for me during that time, but as during the
> last years you can expect to hear from me and take some of the
> organizational work.
>
> Generally, I see the project in a good state, although it is very sad
> that the original starters like the Stephans and Sandy have so litte
> time as well as Bernd and Walter are a bit silent :) (hint: time to
> speak up, guys :) let us at least know what's going on with you :-) New

My time schedule is also full *sigh*.
After having created a webbased mailer for mailinglist of the FH
(University of Applied Sciences), I will start in the middle of March
with studying again (beside my work): target: M.Sc. in Electrical
Engineering.

That was the bad news.

The good news:

I have some time to start an experiment for our main problem: parsing...
and collapsing trees after rescan.

It is an experiment, but I see a chance.
It is a dynamical parser which takes two text files (like
Makefile_am.lexemlist and Makefile_am.rulelist or
clang.lexemlist/clang.rulelist or php.lexemlist/php.rulelist).
The lexem part (flex emulation) works fine, the rulelistpart (yacc
emulation) has still some problems in the recursion.

For this I already made a new treelist (which already works)

Until all this is in experimental stage I don't want to bother any tyg
of the kdevelop path.

But you all are invited to check out the sources at

export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at lma.ee.fhm.edu:/home/cvs
cvs login
cvs co kdev2_parser

You will not see much, it's only for people who want to look in the
sources ;-)

That's what I'm doing right now.
Actual experiment: parsing a Makefile.am

Ciao

Walter

> developers are coming in and I think our friendly attitude is very
> attracting. The strategy to bring us much closer to the KDE guys has
> worked out I think and we should stick with that. I know a lot of them
> personally and they are behind us in our dedication so we just have to
> do our share and kdevelop is a self-runner. We're more or less one team
> now because of the actual need, although the bindings have been a bit
> loose during the initial years, but I think the political thinking of
> the KDE developers has changed from the "I don't need an IDE for coding
> myself" to "KDE needs an IDE to get new developers, so I will do my
> share on promoting KDevelop".
>
> I'm happy to be with you guys and you know it's always a pleasure to
> work with you. Especially I liked the shift-work together with John and
> Ian since December to get 1.4 working and out.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ralf

oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)
:-------W. Tasin, FB 04,
FHM-------------------PGP-KeyID:0x7961A645----------:
<Key-Fingerprint: 1610 835F 0080 32F4 6140  6CF7 A7D0 44CD 7961A645>
<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x7961A645&fingerprint=on>

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«