...and one suggestion

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 05:45:23 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> Falk, friends.
>
> I would like to suggest that we do not set the name of
> the currently edited file as KDevelops mainwindow title.
That's not the fix of the actual problem.

> Occasionally I get a crash in
>
> ckdevelop_noslot.cpp:219, the line is:
> capt = QFileInfo(pCEW->getName()).fileName();
>
> So I did put an assert in front of that line because I believe that
> sometimes the KWriteDoc is already deleted and the pointer is 0 but
> I dont have a reproducible case for this yet.
>
> This happens somtimes, but not always, right after an edit
> window was closed by Ctrl-W. Maybe it is a timing issue, slots arent
> called in sequence, are they?
slots are direct function calls, but maybe the root function is based on
an event.

I cannot reproduce this here, it's likely an event timing problem. (I
should downgrade to a slower computer... ;)

Please, check if the KWriteDoc already passed the destructor and send me
the backtrace at the destructor breakpoint and the backtrace of the
crash.

Ciao,
Falk