some notes...

Lorenzo Delana ldelana at libero.it
Sun Jun 3 16:45:23 UTC 2001

hi,

some notes on kdevelop:
important) 1) when I have to remove or delete at all, some files from my
project, I have to go to File (tab window) and delete each one viewing the
tree collapsing any time... this is a tremendous work to reopen the correct
subforlder any time... can be modified the refresh of the tree (after file
deleting) in the manner that the tree itself remains opened ?
I suppose that the problem is regard to the change of icons on the tree... Is
possible that QT/KDE doesn't allow to change an icon in the tree without the
re-showing of all ?

minor important) 2) when I would to add existing file to project, I'm happy
to point the "Destination dir" with File (tab window).
This task can be accomplished saving in a string variable the 'current
selection' for the directory (instead if a file is the current selection,
might be possible to select its pathname nor pathfilename); so when I "add
file to project" this state string variable may be used to setting the target
destination dir proposal.
useful) 3) editing Makefile.am is very important to let the user the
"customization" of the make process. Many programmer know the syntax for
Makefile; I suggest to take attention to the possibility of integrate a
support for Makefile.am like:
	- syntax highlight
	- overriding rules: dispose Wizards dialog to add common rule
		i) bin_PROGRAMS
		ii) noinst_LIBRARIES
		iii) lib_LTLIBRARIES
	take the possibilities to add more than one rule in the same Makefile.am...
	this is very an additional thing, in fact each bin_PROGRAMS should
	have their directory, but I can have a thing like this:
		"bin_PROGRAMS = test1
		test1_SOURCES = ........
		bin_PROGRAMS = test2
		test2_SOURCES = ....
		" in a single Makefile.am, right ?
	This feature might be of interest from kdevelop developers, in fact
	a good work can be done for this task if a grammar parser and a
	lexical analizer will be integrated in order to accomplish the idea
	of having a Makefile.am edit/browse dialog in which that an user
	can edit by hand each rule; the user may wish to use "add file..." dialog
	to select some files and the results can be used in the text edit
	for its current edited rule (e.g. test1_SOURCES =
<paste_from_filechoose_dialog>).

	Other rules that should be overriden with this edit/browse Makefile.am
	might be follow:
		- all:
		- clean:
		- distclean:
		- CONFIG_CLEAN_FILES
		- LDFLAGS and CXXFLAGS and <target>_{CXXFLAGS,LDFLAGS}

	I am sure that this task is not a simple task, and I suggest to take much
	attention in designing an eventually Makefile.am Manager;
	in this way the grammar parser should be used to "read" the Makefile.am
	only at first time, and then its remain in a grammar tree and managed
	by appropriate alghoritm routines.
	In this manner the Makefile.am is not direct editable, but a tree of
Makefile.am elements permits the edit of single section in a text area;
	So what happens when a user wants to edit by hand ? in this case
	the Makefile.am is closed flush the Manager status and reopened
	without the option "using Makefile.am Manager".

Notes: I say that all of this third note isn't clear explained, but I would
to have put down some idea on the table...

bye
Lore

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«