kate part

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Thu Dec 20 01:30:08 UTC 2001

On Thursday, 20. December 2001 01:01, you wrote:
> Sandy,
> I like the idea. We can either rewrite the existing kwrite-part to
> adhere to the KTextEditor interface or use Kate as the implementation.
> I will look into the option to use kate then.
Yes, I think using kate would be the best option. Not maintaining a complete
editor in the KDevelop CVS  will help us in concentrating on the IDE core. :-)

> About 2): I dont think we need to use QDickWidget, lets also use
> QExtMDI for that.
Really? I thought in KDevelop2 we use KDockWindow for this, so it seems it
isn't possible with QExtMDI or Falk doesn't know that. :-)

> About 3): we need a somewhat generic view manager for that, could
> implement that as a part to get started and then follow Richard's
> earier suggestion on having two interfaces to choose from.
I think implementing it as a part would be interesting, but if it is much
_more_ difficult to implement, we should add it just simple to the KDevCore
Interface and implement it in the core.
QtExtMDI has many nice features so replacing it in the future is not so
important.

Ciao!
Sandy