kate part

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 01:47:04 UTC 2001

--- Sandy Meier <smeier at kdevelop.org> wrote:

> > About 2): I dont think we need to use QDickWidget, lets also use
> > QExtMDI for that.
> Really? I thought in KDevelop2 we use KDockWindow for this, so it
> seems it
> isn't possible with QExtMDI or Falk doesn't know that. :-)

He he, wouldnt surprise me :-) Now I am confused, I will look it up
tomorrow, still trying to fix kwrite-part for gideon and KDE-3... :-(

> > About 3): we need a somewhat generic view manager for that, could
> > implement that as a part to get started and then follow Richard's
> > earier suggestion on having two interfaces to choose from.
> I think implementing it as a part would be interesting, but if it is
> much
> _more_ difficult to implement, we should add it just simple to the
> KDevCore
> Interface and implement it in the core.

Yes.

> QtExtMDI has many nice features so replacing it in the future is not
> so
> important.

Yes, Falk had promised once that he would add a splitter mode into
QExtMDI at which point there would be no difference to the current
interface anymore for people who dont want the current view handling.

Roland