kate part

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 01:03:04 UTC 2001

Sandy,
I like the idea. We can either rewrite the existing kwrite-part to
adhere to the KTextEditor interface or use Kate as the implementation.
I will look into the option to use kate then.

The existing kwrite-part could be consolidated and made to implement
the KTextEditor interface also, but I think if someone wanted to to
that the person should base upon the KDevelop-2 branch version because
there were quite a few bugfixes that didnt make it into the gideon
branch.

About 2): I dont think we need to use QDickWidget, lets also use
QExtMDI for that.

About 3): we need a somewhat generic view manager for that, could
implement that as a part to get started and then follow Richard's
earier suggestion on having two interfaces to choose from.

Roland