Plugins mean extensibility (Re: Kate part in KDevelop-2 working)

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Sun Dec 16 00:35:05 UTC 2001

On Saturday, 15. December 2001 23:37, you wrote:
> Sandy,
> I've looked into it, we can get a kate editor part in a few hours work,
> but then what are we going to do with the old texteditor interface that
> we have?
I think we will drop it then,or? Maybe Matthias can make some notes what to
be done with it and how it worked together with the new interface.

BTW: where can I finfd the new KTextEditor interface and the current Kate
implementation.
I have found kdebase/kate/interfaces/ but the implementation is empty. :-(

>Aer we going to dismiss that in favor of what the new
> KTextEditor interface in KDE-3 is going to be. Also this means to part
> from KDE-2.2.2 since the kate part doesnt exist there.
Yes, but in my opinion we should drop support for KDE2.2. If Gideon gets it
first stable release (I think it will take 1 year incl. beta phase) KDE 3.0
will be the default desktop on many computers. And with KDE3 we have the
KTextEditor interface,KScript and so. I know that I prefered KDE2.2 some
weeks ago, but the KDE3 API seems to be stable now.

Ciao!
Sandy