Kate part in KDevelop-2 working

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 09:32:03 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> So yes, the kate integration is pretty close to the main codebase.
Very good.

> We have a choice to either merge in my changes now, i.e. merge the
> changes I made back into the KDE_2_2_BRANCH.
So your changes also work with KDE-2, don't they? You know that's the
condition for KDE_2_2_BRANCH.

> I personally think that we
> are a bit late for that in the release cycle. Also the change still
> requires a significant amount of clean up and bugfixing, although the
> majority of the work is done.
I think it's not too late, considering the KDE3 release to be again
delayed at least 1 month. :)
IMO the Kate feature should be get into 2.1, too.

Asking again:
What do you think about synchronizing KDE_2_2_BRANCH and
KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH, to lock KDE_2_2_BRANCH up and to switch 2.x
development to KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH ???

(I don't call it a good idea to wait for KDE-3.1 when we think of Gideon
which could be ready for a release until then)

Ciao,F at lk