Kate part in KDevelop-2 working

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 06:40:04 UTC 2001

Falk,
my merge tag is from 12/05/2001, that's the time I last merged all the
changes from KDE_2_2_BRANCH since branching of KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH. I did
set the tag to be able to maintain the branch KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH in
parallel to KDE_2_2_BRANCH until KDE-3 is released or in a final beta.
So yes, the kate integration is pretty close to the main codebase.

We have a choice to either merge in my changes now, i.e. merge the
changes I made back into the KDE_2_2_BRANCH. I personally think that we
are a bit late for that in the release cycle. Also the change still
requires a significant amount of clean up and bugfixing, although the
majority of the work is done.

On the other hand, we can wait, make a KDevelop-2.2 to be released with
KDE-3.1 by merging in my changes immediately after the KDE-3 release. I
will keep the branch synchronized, I think we are pretty far in the
cycle and wont make large enhancements to the KDevelop-2 code anyway
until release. This assumes we are going to release a KDevelop-2.2 at
all.

Roland