Patch for KDevelop 2.1

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 14:22:03 UTC 2001

Harald Fernengel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot apply this patch as long as the admin dir is still from KDE 2.2. If
> KDevelop2 gets a "KDE_3_*" branch (with KDE3's admin dir) we can apply the
> patch to keep downward compatibility with KDE2 users. As long as the code is
> source-code compatible, we can keep up a KDE2 and KDE3 version without
> maintaining two CVS branches.
Harry, Dirk Müller needs a solution _now_ because he will only tag when
it's fully KDE-3!

Can't we replace the admin dir of KDE_2_2_BRANCH:kdevelop with the one
of KDE3 and apply your patch now? Maybe configure can also automatically
detect (by looking at QTDIR) if it must use the --enable-kdevelop-qt2
flag or not? So we wouldn't need the flag at all.

Dirk Müller, please hold back the release as long as we are so short
before a solution.

Ciao,F at lk