Gideon preview release ?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 08:45:08 UTC 2001

On Mittwoch, 29. August 2001 17:19, you wrote:

> So I think as Sandy said, pronounce in the announcement that this is a
> technical preview of the next generation KDevelop - "The
> Multi-Language-Integrated-Development-Environment" :-).
>
> BTW.: Gideon 0.1 was announced that way, why announce it the second time?

Well, that's the difference between Development and PR :)
I think we do fine on the development side and lately we do better on the PR
side, though my experience is that after the announcement of the Solaris
packages people are looking forward to KDE 3. We know we can use some help
with all the plugins and a preview release of KDevelop 3 with the necessary
explanation that it's a complete rewrite in alpha-quality will probably
attract more developers that we didn't reach with the KDE 2.1 release or the
Gideon publishing as that wasn't officially in CVS at that time.

I think I'll have to read over that article in the Süddeutsche Zeitung again
talking about developers and PR people speaking alongside each other and
don't understand the other side's position. I'm glad that I have some talent
in both sectors to communicate certain PR needs :))

Ralf

> Bye,
> Victor
>
> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> ğyour-email-addressĞ

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe ğyour-email-addressĞ