fileselector plugin

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 04:40:51 UTC 2001

Hugo,
nice work, looks cool.

I did the ctags based browsing on KDevelop-2. I was going to
implement/improve and port that to gideon, at least that was the plan.

ctags is "just" a fast code indexing mechanism. It doesn't actually
know very much about the tags, basically not much more then where they
can be found. ctags based search can be very fast but it is hard to do
any context sensitive searches with it.

I dont think the class parser uses ctags at all, maybe I am wrong, but
it didnt last time I looked. The class parser is actually much smarter
then a ctags search database. A combination of the two, that is a class
tree that has a ctags index would be cool. Doxygen can do this little
wonder and it can spit it out in XML on top of that....

Also, there is exciting new from the gcc XML front, there is a working
patch for XML output from gcc-3. Land is in sight.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and