fileselector plugin

Hugo Varotto hugo at varotto-usa.com
Tue Aug 21 01:32:55 UTC 2001

Greetings,

I've started to play a little bit with Gideon's plugins lately, and just for
fun I ported Kate's fileselector as a Gideon plugin.  Yo can find it at:

http://www.varotto-usa.com/hugo/projects/fileselector/

Is this something that people might find it useful ? I hope so ( at least it
was for me ). I put an indication of the original author of the Kate
fileselector in the copyright notice, hope that's enough ( I just did the
port to learn Gideon's plugin methodology and I'm not claiming ownership /
creativity of the original idea ).

On another topic, I'm starting to work a little bit on another plugin ( one
that'll interface heavily with ctags ) and I was wondering what's the state
of the ctags support on Gideon. I was not able to make it work ( loads the
ctgas file correctly. and inserts the tags in the dictionary, but it's not
able to run a match against anything ).

Is somebody the maintainer of this portion ( or is somebody working on addidn
something new to Gideon instead of te currentctags support ) ? I'm very
interested in doing a generic symbol-browser/cross reference matcher plugin (
if you've used Visual Slickedit before you'll know what I mean ).

Also, can somebody please explain me the relationship between ctags and the
class parser/browser that's already in place ? I haven't looked at it yet
very much in detail, but it seems that we have two symbol detection
mechanisms in place ?

Thanks for all the input, I hope to be able to contribute more and more as
the time pass by ( as I get more familiar with Gideon ). Thanks for buiding a
very nice and expandable framework.

Hugo

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«